Library 2.0

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Library 2.0 Lifelong learning

We are all lifelong learners in our own way. Programming and using my DVD recorder last year was one simple example of this.

With the formal study that I have completed (Bachelor of Education; Master of Applied Science; Graduate Diploma in Children's Literature and Master of Arts), the course that I fared the best in was the course that I enjoyed the most. So the idea that 'play' is an important learning tool is spot on. (The children's lit. was the most enjoyable. I mean, who wouldn't enjoy writing about the brilliant author/illustrator Anthony Browne? Okay, you mightn't like the writing part, but reading all of his picture books was great fun.)

I remember learning ballroom dancing a few years ago. I'm a bit spatially challenged, so I found it rather difficult, but I persisted and managed (still not sure how) to pass my exam. Unfortunately, this photo is not of me!


Some types of learning comes easily to some people and not to others. I am more of a verbal/linguistic style of learner and find the reading/writing type of learning easier than making things or following physcial instructions.

Hope everyone finds the Library 2.0 fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home